Our kitchen staff freshly prepare our school meals on the premises. All Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 children are entitled to Universal Free School Meals irrespective of household income.
If you are in receipt of any of the following, your child may be eligible for Free School Meals.
· Income Support
· income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
· income-related Employment and Support Allowance
· support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
· the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
· Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no
more than £16,190)
· Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
· Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year
(after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Please check your eligibility via this link https://www.gov.uk/apply-free-school-meals
Apply in Lancashire here Free school meals and pupil premium - Section 1 - Online Forms (achieveservice.com)
If your child prefers to bring a packed lunch these should be in a plastic box with a non-fizzy drink in a sealed container – no glass bottles please. A spoon should be added to the lunch box when needed. We encourage children to bring in healthy packed lunches.
Milk is free for all children under five and is subsidised for children aged five or older at around £10 a term.
Early Years and KS1 children are provided with a piece of fruit each day. Parents and carers may send a healthy snack such as fruit, crackers, breadsticks, cheese etc. into school for children in KS2 to eat at playtime.
Throughout lessons, only plain water is allowed in classrooms. Children may bring their own water bottle to school.
Click the link below to apply for free school meals