Information about remote education in case of an unavoidable school closure
In the event of bad weather we would like to remind parents of our Unavoidable School Closure Policy:
In the event of school closure and on subsequent days
A decision will be made as early as possible either the evening before or first thing in the morning (before 7.30 am), as to whether the school should remain open or be closed. In the event of closure messages will be sent via Parentmail, posted on Class Dojo and on our website.
Every effort will be made to keep school open at all times, but regard to children’s safety must take precedence. If an event arises that results in the decision being made to close the school, the following procedure will apply.
- The local situation will be monitored by the school. Advice from the police and local bus and train companies will be sought. The school will respond to their advice.
- Pupils will be informed of the need to close the school.
- Pupils will be allowed to leave school once they have talked to a parent about arrangements for going home.
- After-school events: clubs, sport events Parents’ Evenings will be postponed.
- Where adverse weather is forecast, pupils should be suitably clothed, with appropriate footwear.
Parents are also reminded that should school be unavoidably closed, children have access to CGP books and can explore activities under the Children's Zone.