Ethos, Vision, Aims
We have a very strong ethos here at Cherry Fold. We developed our School Values by asking children what they thought of when they heard our school motto. Here are the responses:
Fostering a lifelong passion for learning.
Our aims are to develop a thirst for learning in all members of the school community, developing pride, intellectual ability, skills, knowledge and personal responsibility which benefits the person, the school and the wider community.
We will develop:
- Confident Learners – growing in self esteem.
- Independent & Creative Learners -developing resourcefulness and resilience.
- Collaborative Learners – creating positive and effective learning communities.
- Continuous Learners – promoting lifelong learning for all.
We will create a culture of achievement through providing a high quality learning environment with highly skilled & motivated staff offering a rich and balanced curriculum. We will provide opportunities for every child to explore emotional, spiritual, academic, cultural, moral, physical & creative experiences so that they can all achieve their full potential as unique individuals.
- Enjoy – At Cherry Fold happiness in the key to success.
- Respect – Cherry Fold pupils value each other and appreciate opportunities for learning.
- Succeed – Cherry Fold pupils take mammoth leaps to success.
- Resilience – Cherry Fold pupils never give up no matter how long it takes to succeed.
- Teamwork – Cherry Fold pupils listen to and support each other by working as a team.
- Responsibility – Cherry Fold pupils are all role models by playing their part and taking their responsibilities seriously.
- Friendship – Cherry Fold pupils are always supporting each other and are there for each other.
- Honesty – Cherry Fold pupils strive to be trustworthy and honest.
The school is committed to upholding the British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, and mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs.