Our Ethos, Vision, Aims and Values
Our school ethos was developed with the children, for the children, through asking them what they thought the core values, attitudes and beliefs of Cherry Fold school were. This reflected an ethos of being accepted, respected and valued within our nurturing school community. The image below was produced using the language the children had responded with.
Our Vision (Where we want to be)
At Cherry Fold school, our vision is to enrich the lives of our pupils through a challenging and aspirational curriculum in which we nurture happy, confident resilient children, 'fostering a lifelong passion for learning through the core values of Enjoy, Respect, Succeed'.
Our Mission (What we are doing to get there)
We will create a culture of achievement through providing a high quality learning environment with highly skilled & motivated staff offering an enriching, broad and balanced curriculum which reflects the needs of our children. We will provide opportunities for every child to explore emotional, spiritual, academic, cultural, moral, physical & creative experiences so that they can all achieve their full potential as unique individuals in a caring and inclusive environment.
Our Aims (What we want to provide for everyone in our family)
Our aims are to develop a thirst for learning in all members of the school community, developing pride, intellectual ability, skills, knowledge and personal responsibility which benefits the person, the school and the wider community.
We will develop:
- Confident Learners – growing in self esteem.
- Independent & Creative Learners -developing resourcefulness and resilience.
- Collaborative Learners – creating positive and effective learning communities.
- Continuous Learners – promoting lifelong learning for all.
- Enjoy – At Cherry Fold happiness in the key to success.
- Respect – Cherry Fold pupils value each other and appreciate opportunities for learning.
- Succeed – Cherry Fold pupils take mammoth leaps to success.
- Resilience – Cherry Fold pupils never give up no matter how long it takes to succeed.
- Responsibility – Cherry Fold pupils are all role models by playing their part and taking their responsibilities seriously.
- Resourceful - Cherry Fold pupils find imaginative ways to solve problems through teamwork or independently.
- Reasoner - Cherry Fold pupils develop independent reasoning skills to allow them to be successful.
- Reflective - Cherry Fold pupils reflect on what needs to be done to improve their learning.
The school is committed to upholding the British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, and mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs, as well as the Protected Characteristics