The Government announced that from September 2017, there were changes being made to the PE and Sport Premium Funding. As a school we will receive £19,000 [including £10 per pupil between the ages of 5-11 years old] to improve the quality of sport and PE for all their children.
Suggested uses for the funding could include:-
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport you offer.
This means that you should use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
There are 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvement across:
1. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
2. Engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
3. The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and physical activities offered to all pupils
5. Increased participation in competitive sport
Please see our previous action plan and our new action plan which highlight the funding received, the use of the funding, the impact of the funding and the sustainability of the funding.
UK Government website - PE and sport premium for primary schools.