Activities you could do with your child:
- Share a story/write a book review/write a character description e.g. for a Top Trumps Card
- Read some opening chapters from the Love Reading 4 Kids website
- Write a story, poem, play
- Make puppets and put on a play
- Play a board game, dig out old favourites and hold championship tournaments! You could even design a new one for a target audience!
- Paint a picture and label it/write about it / create a poem
- Blackout poems – https://www.scholastic.com/teachers/blog-posts/john- depasquale/blackout-poetry/
- Look, say, cover, write, check spellings
- Create a poster about washing hands/hygiene about Coronavirus
- Make an Easter Egg Hunt with clues in your garden
- Make Mother’s Day cards, poems
- Research 'project'/poster on a topic that's been covered in school recently, e.g. the Egyptians, a famous author, an inspirational person etc. This could be in the form of a poster, leaflet, booklet or a PowerPoint presentation etc.
- Have a good declutter/sort-out of your toys! Which toys or books do you no longer use? Write a review of your favourite with a target audience!
- Bake! Bake your favourite recipe and write up the recipe so as to create a class book of favourite recipes when you return to school.
- Junk modelling – why not upcycle some waste materials in order to make something new?
Useful websites are: